Proper Shooting Form
Shooting a basketball is a full-body motion. Start with your feet in a balanced stance. Generate power through your legs. Square your hips and shoulders. Focus your eyes on the rim. Maintain good form through your elbow and wrist all the way to your fingertips. Swish.
However, one of the most common issues shooters face has nothing to do with any of these things. Instead, it revolves squarely around the guide hand (or “off-hand”). The guide hand’s sole purpose is to keep the ball positioned in the shooting hand. If things start moving around on that side, then everything else you’ve done properly to that point goes out the window.
We’re here to make sure that doesn’t happen.
The Perfec'Shot Solution
To shoot accurately and consistently, the shoulder, elbow, and wrist on your shooting arm should form a straight line with the center of the rim. Your guide hand then has to remain still and flat during the release. If it doesn’t, it can essentially turn what should be a one-handed shot into a two-hander. Perfec’Shot prevents this by restricting certain movements of the guide hand that tend to interfere with the shot:
• Flexion and opposition of the thumb
• Pronation of the forearm
• Flexion, extension, radial deviation, and ulnar deviation of the wrist
Unlike other straps, gloves, and shooting aids, Perfec’Shot ensures proper guide-hand placement and guide-arm positioning throughout the entire shooting motion. The components of our patented device have been painstakingly sized and placed using state-of-the-art 3D scanning technology. Thanks to help from our player model—a former college sharpshooter with multiple Final Four appearances—Perfec’Shot’s configuration accounts for important biomechanical factors such as:
• Proximal, distal, medial, and lateral positioning of each component
• Plane alignment of each connecting rod for consistent angle and tilt
• Strap width and placement along the arm and fingers
Perfec’Shot’s design helps make sure all those reps in the gym and on the driveway are the right reps. If you want to be clutch in crunch time, then take control of your shot with the only tool out there built just for you!
Fully Customized Shooting Aid In Both Form And Function
- Add up to 3 alphanumeric characters to the upper-arm component.
- Use your jersey number, initials, or any other combination representing what matters most to you!
- With color and character choices, that's over 4.5 BILLION possible combos!